We have big plans for 2021 at One Way Love and we need your support through monthly giving to make it happen. Less that 10% of giving goes to run our operations with 90% going directly to funding our outreach programs.
How One Way Love helps abandoned teens:
- Mentoring Programs: these teens have no one in their corner due to parents who are addicted, in prison, or unable to care for them for various reasons.
- Secure Housing: most of our teens are couch surfers; some live in parks, sheds, or a lucky few live with grandparents.
- School Supplies: All of our teens are in school and desire to create better lives for themselves.
- Life Essentials: We meet these needs all year through gift cards, food, clothing, more.
- Holiday Gifting: We also provide gift bags filled with goodies and gift cards on every important holiday for each teen. There are currently over 100 teens that we help.
- Mental Wellness: We work with counselors in the St. Tammany Parish public school system who share the needs of teens with us, and we work to fund and match teens with professional counselors.
- We also help with electric bills and rent when needed.